Kobold differential pressure transmitter models PAD and PAS are microprocessor-based, high-performance transmitters which have flexible pressure calibration and output, with automatic compensation of ambient temperature and process variable configurations of multiple parameters and HART protocol communication.
Applications are varied and include media like steam, gases, liquids and other critical media. Pressure, flow and level measurement are done by the application. The input of all data for sensors is added, modified and stored in EEPROM.
As an option, the Kobold PAD-F is also available as a flow meter with a totalising function in the PAD transmitter, enabling it to check the flow rate and totalising flow. Flow rate is measured by using differential pressure without compensation of temperature and static pressure. The body of PAD-F is the same as the standard device, except for the terminal block which has two more pulse out-put terminals.
Kobold PAD & PAS key features:
- High reference accuracy: ±0,075 % of calibrated span (optional: ±0,04 % of calibrated span)
- Long-term stability (0,125 % URL for 3 years)
- High rangeability (100:1) for range 4-0
- Data configuration with HART configurator
- Zero-point adjustment
- Continuous self-diagnostic function
- Automatic ambient temperature compensation
- EEPROM write protection
- Fail-mode process function
- CE EMC conformity standards (EN 50081-2, EN 50082-2)
Kobold’s PAD & PAS transmitters have excellent reference accuracy thanks to the high-performance processors for flexible application in absolute and differential pressure measurements. In addition, these models achieve excellent long-term stability with capacitive or piezo-resistive sensors.