You are cordially invited to attend a webinar hosted and presented by Reunert Renewables companies, Apollo Africa, Blue Nova Energy, CBI energy and Terra Firma Solutions, facilitated by EE Business Intelligence and moderated by Chris Yelland, entitled:
Your “Energy War Room”: Smart solutions to help you navigate the energy crisis - energy supply and management for the Industrial and Commercial Sectors
DATE: 29 March 2023
TIME: 09h00 to 11h00
PLATFORM: Zoom Webinar
COST: No cost, free-of-charge, all welcome
Purpose and synopsis
Before 1998, Eskom supply was South Africa’s cheapest, most stable power source. Today, we are a country in crisis, thrown into energy insecurity and spiraling costs.
For investors, electricity decarbonisation and security of supply are increasingly being scrutinised as leading investment indicators. For customers, the pass-through impact of energy costs on product prices is pushing customers to consider alternatives. This is significantly impacting the competitive positioning and sustainability of businesses.
The average South African business today is bracing for Eskom price increases and incurring more costs from backup diesel generators. Many are going into “war room” mode to come up with solutions to mitigate the impacts of the crisis.
In true South African style, the private sector has stepped up to develop an array of solutions to mitigate the impact of the current crisis.
This webinar will be presented by business leaders representing the most impactful options to consider in your “energy war room”. This will assist you to navigate the financial and technology-based solutions, including wheeled green power supply, embedded generation, smart load control systems, and industrial-scale battery systems.
These provide options to switch out your Eskom coal-based supply for green supply and hedge your power price, offset your grid-based demand, reduce your demand charges, and utilize industrial scale batteries to buffer out load shedding and provide energy arbitrage solutions.
These solutions are being embraced by leading businesses in South Africa today to improve their competitive positioning and ensure their company’s sustainable future.
Keynote address: Jenna Harris, CEO, Apollo Africa
- Increasing public participation in power generation, and how you can move away from Eskom with wheeling and trading - Apollo Africa
- Top five mistakes businesses make when putting in embedded solar, and how to avoid them - Terra Firma Solutions
- The business case for batteries with energy arbitrage - Blue Nova Energy
How to cut your electricity bill and improve reliability with smart load management - CBI Energy
The presentations will be followed by a Q & A session and open discussion.
- Executives and energy economics professionals.
- Financial institutions and banks.
- Energy managers, engineers, technologists and technicians.
- Government, state-owned enterprises, Eskom, municipal electricity distributors, regulatory and standards bodies, universities and research institutes.
- Relevant industry associations, professional institutes and organised business.
- Commercial, industrial, manufacturing, mining and energy-intensive electricity end-users.
- All other interested persons and organisations.
We look forward to seeing you at the webinar!