9 March at 12:00 South African Standard Time
South Africa needs more power generation to overcome the supply gap and underpin economic growth, and investments by private companies is essential to close that gap. The country has long been disturbed by frequent blackouts, outdated electricity infrastructure with supply constraints, and an urgent need for additional capacity to prevent load shedding.
In this context, the solar industry has an enormous growth potential as it becomes one of the most cost-effective options to provide the much-needed power generation. The Integrated Resource Plan, which aims to deploy another 6 GW of PV by 2030, will increase the PV installed capacity from 3% of the current total electricity supply to 11% by 2030.
On this webinar, we explore the key aspects that project developers need to consider when designing and operating PV projects in South Africa to maximise the return on your investment.
Join Gamechange Solar to:
- Gain an overview of the competitive and regulatory South African energy environment to understand the business case(s) for PV projects.
- Hear about the challenges in operating PV systems in the region and learn how to implement cost-effective solutions that resolve familiar problems caused by extreme weather.
- Learn from the manufacturer how new trackers are adapting to cover market needs and improve the productivity of solar generation projects.
- How does a tracker manufacturer ensure that its product gives the project developer or investor a superior LCOE?
- Hear fist-hand experiences on the best practices to develop photovoltaic installations, from design to construction and start-up of the project.
Places are limited, so make sure to reserve your spot here today: https://my.atainsights.com/webinar/webinar-repowering-south-africa-how-to-develop-pv-systems-for-a-more-resilient-future/
(If you can't attend, register anyway and you'll receive the recordings and presentations a few days afterwards)
Contact Araceli Giner, ATA Insights, email@example.com