OMRON has announced the addition of the RT1-Series for industrial remote access into its line up of industrial automation solutions. The turnkey solution enables remote corrective maintenance without costly and time-consuming onsite visits. With remote access, users can view and control interfaces, troubleshoot equipment, and install updates without the need for traveling.
The RT1-series, powered by Secomea, encompasses all software and hardware components needed for efficient, easy, and secure remote maintenance. The remote access solution completes the firm’s wide offering of industrial automation solutions and drastically increases machine uptime whilst reducing the need for onsite visits.
The company’s goal is to offer a full service for our customers for every aspect of their production architecture. This automation platform is now extended with the remote access solution, to make sure our customers can remotely respond to any issues that may arise at production sites running 24/7. A remote access solution can drastically reduce the need to travel and other costs, as well as CO2 emissions associated with machine troubleshooting and maintenance.
Main features and benefits of the RT1-series:
- DIN mountable industrial gateway that can be installed in machine control panels to provide remote access for on-demand, real-time servicing of industrial equipment.
- Security certified and built-in firewall
- Troubleshooting and remote programming of a wide range of OMRON automation solutions
- Service-ready device to improve responsiveness, reduce the impact of emergencies, optimize the workload of engineers and maximise machine availability and productivity
- Minimised environmental impact and increased sustainability by reducing the need for travel for machine maintenance
About OMRON Corporation
OMRON Corporation is a global leader in the field of automation based on its core technology of “Sensing & Control + Think”. OMRON's business fields cover a broad spectrum, ranging from industrial automation and electronic components to social systems, healthcare, and environmental solutions. Established in 1933, OMRON has about 30 000 employees worldwide, working to provide products and services in around 120 countries and regions. In the field of industrial automation, OMRON supports manufacturing innovation by providing advanced automation technology and products, as well as through extensive customer support, to help create a better society.