A new CIGRE Webinar will go live on April 12. Interested in learning more about the Impact of Battery Energy Storage Systems on Distribution Networks? Register for free now!
Impact of battery energy storage systems on distribution networks
Battery energy storage systems (BESS) are increasingly entering electric distribution networks. Distribution system operators, suppliers, vendors and policy makers lack a common framework in terms of guidelines and recommended practices on the way BESS should be integrated into the distribution networks.
The objective of CIGRE WG C6.30 entitled "The Impact of Battery Energy Storage Systems on Distribution Networks" is to complement and update earlier work on electric energy storage systems.
The tutorial will focus on:
• Planning and design considerations for BESS in distribution systems
• Operational considerations for BESS in distribution systems
• Use-cases and business cases for BESS in distribution systems
• Standards and Grid Codes for BESS in distribution systems
• Practical international experiences with BESS in distribution systems
The webinar will be presented by Prof. Geza Joos and Prof. Nikos Hatziargyriou.
The registration to this tutorial is free for all, CIGRE members and non-members.