South Africa’s energy crisis demands an all-hands-on-deck approach that embraces the necessary change we need. We know that local government and utilities have a critical role to play in how we shape our energy future. The question is, how do empower municipalities and utilities to lead the way?
Join us at the SAIEE National Conference, 27 – 29 November 2019 at the Sandton Convention Centre in Johannesburg as we Engineer an Africa for the Future.
This future-thinking gathering of over 100 top local and international speakers is geared towards shaping a sustainable energy and technology future for Africa. The programme is curated to look at the energy crisis from different angles and finding cohesive solutions and innovations.
• Minister of Public Enterprises, Pravin Gordhan
• Municipalities of the Future with Refilwe Mokgosi, President, Association of Municipal Electricity Utilities
• The State of Technology for Electrical Power Utilities with Rob Stephen, GM Master Specialist – Technology Group, Eskom SOC Ltd.
Topics that will be of interest to municipalities and utilities:
• A solutions-driven panel discussion on South Africa’s power crisis; led by award-winning journalist, Bruce Whitfield; with energy experts, including representatives from the South African Independent Power Producers Association (SAIPPA) and the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
• Accelerating the Transformation of the ESI with speakers from Eskom, Wits University, Stellenbosch University and Mott MacDonald
• Connectivity and Networking presentations from technology experts
• Smart Metering
• Smart Cities and the Fourth Industrial Revolution
• Renewable and Smart Energy Innovations
• Electricity Mobility and Smart Grids
• Electricity and Cable Theft Detection through AI
• Waste Management
Contact Jean Venter, Van der Walt and Co, Tel 011 061-5000, firstname.lastname@example.org