Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management and automation, has announced the local launch of the MasterPact MTZ, the next generation of high-power low voltage circuit breakers combining the company’s legendary performance and reliability with new digital capabilities. The MasterPact MTZ will be available in South Africa from 1 December.
MasterPact MTZ is the first air circuit breaker to embed accurate Class1 power meter, compliant and certified with IEC 61557-12. Energy efficiency is achieved thanks to accurate energy usage analysis, optimization, cost allocation and assessment of energy usage trends. Energy management is compliant with international regulations ISO 50001 and IEC 60364-8.
Building on its strengths, the MasterPact MTZ will offer the same ratings, the same tripping performance and the same footprint for seamless, quick integration and retrofitting in switchboards as the current MasterPact range. This seamless transition from MasterPact NT/NW to MasterPact MTZ means no switchboard redesign required and no need to run switchboard recertification tests as per IEC 61439-2. In addition, the product offers easy integration in Smart Panels and connection to management systems with native embedded Ethernet connection.
Anglophone Africa Buildings VP, Devan Pillay says: “The new MasterPact MTZ’s native ethernet connectivity, digital capabilities and ability to be seamlessly integrated into our EcoStruxure architecture, offers our customers superior circuit protection, while maximising efficiencies in energy management and maintenance.”
MasterPact MTZ protects equipment and activity against cable overloads, short circuits, and insulation faults. It offers outstanding power uptime demanded by low voltage electrical distribution networks, even in the harshest environments. It also offers excellent mechanical and electrical performance, going beyond standards and withstanding the highest levels in voltage fluctuations, electromagnetic disturbances, vibrations, shocks, corrosive and chemical ambience, and severe temperatures.
Customising MasterPact MTZ with digital modules can also be achieved anytime, anywhere. Various advanced function options are available with digital modules for protection, measurement, diagnostics, and maintenance. The MasterPact MTZ is scalable at any stage of the lifecycle from design and configuration to commissioning (for last minute changes) and operation upgrades, without power interruption or protection shutdowns.
Achieving safe and efficient day-to-day facility management is easier through connectivity to smart phones and operations and analytic software. The interactive smart HMI reduces safety risk for local maintenance as no direct contact is required for quick analysis and action through a secure Bluetooth connection.
Quick view, self-diagnosis of protection setting and modification, energy consumption, power quality, phase balance, and health status are all available real time. In addition, for remote notifications, the Facility Hero digital maintenance and collaborative logbook allows proactive maintenance and ensures secure continuity of operation, periodic inspection, warnings, and alarms.
In case of power outage, customers can minimise downtime and restore power quickly and safely using their smart phone. Key data is saved before tripping (measures, protection settings) and even without power, thanks to an NFC connection that gives a root cause explanation and step-by-step breaker reclosing and power recovery instructions.
MasterPact MTZ is future ready as it seamlessly integrates within the Smart Panels architecture and can be remotely monitored and controlled with any supervision system to carry out predictive and preventive maintenance and asset and energy management, thanks to its embedded Ethernet connection.
Providing a digital user experience throughout its lifecycle, MasterPact MTZ also offers unprecedented connectivity. This includes:
- Design single-line diagrams with Ecodial and switchboards with Ecoreal.
- Configure and order using the MyPact digital configurator and ordering tool.
- Build, commission, and conduct factory-acceptance tests through Ecoreach software.
- Maintain and operate real-time using the full potential of PowerStruxure that includes embedded web pages, Facility hero, Facility Insights, Power Monitoring Expert, Power Scada Expert, and seamless integration into SmartStruxure building management.
- Upgrade and customize at any time in the cycle with digital modules.
In addition, from planning to installation, operation, maintenance, optimising and renewal, MasterPact MTZ can be managed through Schneider Electric’s Field Services organisation. This expertise, combined with the native connectivity of MasterPact MTZ and Smart Panels, enables conditions-based maintenance, remote facility management, asset management and improved energy management services, providing significant cost savings in energy and maintenance as well as advanced technical support.
Key MasterPact MTZ benefits include:
- A new industry first with embedded Class 1 metering, saving project time and energy usage.
- Improved mechanical and electrical performance, even in harsh environments.
- Ability to monitor and control circuit breaker safely with a smart phone as main Human Machine Interface (HMI), even in power outage.
- Stay notified of any event and prevent overloads through real-time remote monitoring capabilities.
- Ability to customise circuit breaker with digital modules for ultra-flexibility and operational efficiency without downtime.
- Integrate seamlessly MasterPact in Smart Panels thanks to the embedded Ethernet connection.
- Same footprint allowing easier upgrades and replacements without any need for re-certification.
For more information on MasterPact MTZ, please visit http://masterpactmtz.schneider-electric.com