Viral epidemics like SARS, MERS, swine flu or the current Covid-19 coronavirus have created a worldwide demand for infrared cameras able to screen for fever conditions in humans. Instrotech, South Africa’s leading provider of test and measurement instruments, representing Optris in South Africa, offers an excellent solution. The Xi 400 and Pi 450i cameras are specifically designed for this application, delivering up to 40 mK thermal sensitivity and making it easy to discern elevated body temperatures.
As employees return to work after virus related shelter-in-place regulations are lifted, it is critical for companies to ensure the health of their returning work force is not compromised by workers who may have contracted a virus outside of the facility. The fever screening system can be used in different ways and application areas – so individual scans of single persons or crowd-based screening of larger groups of people can be implemented.
The installation of the whole system including the reference radiator and PIX Connect software, which comes with a predefined fever screening layout, is very easy. It can also be re-located if necessary and set up in minimum time. The system works discreetly. The software singles out the people whose skin temperature exceeds the predefined value.
The visual alarm quickly identifies subjects who exhibit temperature increases from the normal population allowing security staff to validate internal temperature and discreetly examine the subject for additional symptoms. Thermal images with temperature measurements can be stored whenever a temperature exceeds the preset threshold.
Key features of Optris’ fever screening systems
- Screening of employees and visitors with elevated skin temperatures
- Easy installation and operation of the inspection system
- Alarm signal when skin temperature reaches predefined alarm value
- Thermal Images of fever suspects can be stored automatically
- Extensive software inclusive, runs on a standard PC
- 382 x 288 pixel resolution and 80 mK (Xi 400) or 40 mK (PI 450i) thermal sensitivity (NETD)
- PI 450i T010 with ambient referencing source BR 20AR for an absolute measurement accuracy of ± 0,5°C
Contact Instrotech, Tel 010 595-1831, sales@instrotech,co.za